Did Humans Evolve in the Oceans at Some Point?
We human beings have some strange characteristics which set us aside from the other primates:
- We no longer have fur although we still have as many hairs as a chimpanzee.
- Our hair is fine and lays in a streamlined pattern in the water.
- We have a layer of fat under our skin like a seal whereas no other primate has this adaptation.
- We have webbed feet and hands.
- Infant human beings will instinctively hold their breath under water.
- Human beings cry salt tears unlike any other primate. Salt is a rare and precious thing in the wild and salt tears would be wasteful.
- We sweat to cool our bodies. This uses a lot of water. If we evolved on the parched savannas of Africa why evolve such wasteful manner of cooling ourselves?
- The human larynx has descended into the throat like a sea lion and other aquatic mammals. This allows deep breaths and a longer period of breath holding.
huh…………. so ur telling me i could be a fucking mermaid right now but evolution ruined my dreams